Monday, March 17, 2008

Allergy-Free Bed Cover So Soft and Quiet, My Husband Never Suspected It Was on the Bed


My husband is incredibly sensitive to tactile experiences. We stayed at the Westin recently, and although the bed was super-soft, he couldn't sleep well because of the crinkliness of the fabric. He's used the same pillowcases for 15-years, because nothing else is soft enough. He notices if I change the mattress pad. I was sure he would notice when our dog dug holes in the mattress pad to make a cushy bed for himself (he didn't). And when I got an allergy-protecting pillow for my own pillow, he commented that he couldn't see how I could sleep on it.

For this reason, I have not had an allergy-protector on my bed--even though I know it's one of the most important things you can do to reduce symptoms of dust and mold allergies. I tried once, and he noticed immediately!

So, after my newest round of allergy testing, I didn't immediately run out and purchase a mattress cover. I didn't want to waste my money. But yesterday, I found allergy-covers made by Crypton that were so soft and crinkle-free, that I suspected my husband wouldn't notice--if I didn't tell him. He didn't notice, and now, I am hoping to have a less runny nose.

I also purchased one of their allergy-free pillows for me. It was nice!

The mattress covers are spendy--$150 or so, but they are nice! Get them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and use the 25% off coupon.