Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New Protein in Milk Causing Increase in Milk Allergies?


Since I have a multitude of food allergies, I found the AllergyKids site to be very interesting. I'm also concerned that my daughter may have food allergies. She's had watery eyes and a runny nose since she was a baby (see picture). She's definitely allergic to peaches. Within a minute of eating a bite of peaches, she breaks out in a red rash and she gets diaper rash later in the day.

AllergyKids states that artificial hormones injected into cows in the US are contributing to food allergies in children. I have no idea how accurate this information is--but I'll definitely do my own research as I make my decision about switching to organic food. I'm even thinking about starting my own garden! (Now I know my mom wasn't just being cruel when she forced me to weed row after row of beans when I was a child.)