Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pamper Yourself While Bathing the Kids--Is it possible?


Heather from the blog ParentHacks suggests using your kids' bath time as pedicure time for yourself. I could see how it could work. I've started scanning a magazine occasionally, or just stretching out. I sit on the toilet (fully-clothed), rest my head on a basket full of towels on top of the toilet and prop my feet up on my daughter's stool. It's definitely not a La-Z-Boy, but it's good enough at the end of a long day.

Truthfully, I rarely use bath time as an opportunity to relax. As a parent who loves to teach, more often, I'm combining blue and yellow bath paints to make the color green, or writing words on the tub wall with her bath letters, or counting the number of stacking cups she can stack, or signing silly bath songs--and signing the whole time.

What rituals (relaxing or otherwise) have you incorporated into bath time?