Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tips for Selling Clothes on eBay


I purchase most of my daughter's clothes second hand. I have a system with another mom. She packs up her daughter's clothes, and I buy the whole lot for $1 a piece. It saves me a lot of time and money. And, the clothes are really nice.

Now that my daughter has outgrown them, I've been selling them on eBay. One of the difficulties with selling on eBay is determining shipping. I've miscalculated before and came close to losing money. So, to prevent that problem in the future, I picked up several flat-rate shipping boxes from the post office. Now, I pack the box and list items on eBay based on how much fits in the box. Then I just list the flat-rate shipping price. If it turns out to be cheaper to ship it at the metered rate, I get to keep the difference.