Thursday, May 15, 2008

Signing Baby, Fireese, is the Signing Time Star



Some of you have wondered about the identity of the little girl in the video section of my blog. Her name is Fireese. She's an amazing signer, speaker, and reader at 2.5 years old. My daughter loves to watch Fireese on YouTube, which is how I first met her mother, Laura. Laura is the owner of My Smart Hands, a company that teaches babies and their caregivers to baby sign language (ASL). And obviously, she's good at what she does. Fireese is the Signing Time Star for the month of May.

Laura has created several baby sign language videos on MindBites. The videos are only 1.99 each, so they are a very economical way to learn signs and get tips from an expert in the field (Laura teaches at colleges about the benefits of ASL for babies). My daughter loves signing, "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring," along with Fireese in the video, Children's Songs to Sign and Sing.