Thursday, May 15, 2008

Baby Whisperer for Toddlers Solves Sleep Problems, part 3

I'm so glad that Tracy Hogg wrote in the book Baby Whisperer for Toddlers that progress can be slow. She suggests looking for the small improvements instead of only looking at the final goal. My daughter did great going to bed and going to sleep at daycare yesterday. In addition to following the Baby Whisperer tips, we've added a reward for laying down and staying in bed. She gets a lollipop if she does well. Yesterday, she stayed on her cot at daycare. She would open her eyes and peek out at the teacher, but that was it. So, she got a lollipop. Great!

And last night, she did great going to bed following the new routine. Until she scratched her leg with her toe nail. She got upset and we couldn't get her settled down for another hour and a half! Frustrating!

But, if I look at her progress, I'm encouraged. So, if we cut her toenails (which I hate doing, I clipped skin once) maybe we'll have a great night tonight.