Thursday, June 26, 2008

Reduce Night Wetting in Toddler

OK, this is one of those things that makes me say, "Why did it take me so long to think of this?"
When my daughter started attending a daycare center, she would come home very, very thirsty. So, I made sure she had all the liquid she wanted at home. But then, she started wetting her diaper every night and waking herself up. I asked them to give her more liquid at daycare, and they did, but she was still so thirsty when she got home. Obviously, I wanted to give my daughter all the liquid she needed.

But two days ago I had an idea. Why not give her only water after dinner? She loves milk and juice and would probably drink it even if she wasn't thirsty. So I tried out my theory. Sure enough, she drank less after dinner and we didn't have to change her diaper in the middle of the night.