Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Diaper Debate: Are Disposables as Green as Cloth?



Stop feeling guilty every time you throw a diaper in the trash. This study reported by ABC News states that laundering reusable diapers has about the same negative environmental impact as disposables.Since I can barely get to the diapers out to the trash, I can't imagine getting the laundry done in time to keep the stench down.

However, reusable diapers are much cuter than disposables, and I have friends who love them...but, they are all SAHMs. Which means, they are closer to the wash machine than I am. So, if you want to give cute diapers a try, visit Diaperco to see a variety of popular styles like Fuzzi Bunz, Bum Genius, Bummis, Happy Heinys (you have to look at the cow print!), Thirsties, and more...

And, since I plugged cloth diapers, and I'm going put in a good word for my favorite disposable diapers: Pampers Swaddlers are the best at leak control and are super soft. Loved these. I was sad when I had to switch to Pampers Cruisers, but the Cruisers worked better than any other brands we tried.

There...now I've represented everybody but the diaper-free, early-toilet-training-crowd. And seriously, that could never work for a work-out-of-the-house mom like me.