Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Finding a safe sleep surface for baby


This is the first I have seen someone specifically address safety considerations in bassinets. I think that's great. When my daughter was young I really struggled to know what to do to keep her safest. A used crib could have structural weaknesses from age (even if it meets all the other safety requirements). But new cribs are made with cheaper materials and are subject to recalls. With a used crib, you know if it's had a recall or not. And then you throw in co-sleeping....that scares me. There are so many other factors to consider. How do you keep your bedding away from the baby's face? How do you ensure the baby doesn't scoot to the top or side of the bed and fall off or get trapped somewhere.I'm so glad I don't have to think about this stuff anymore!

read more | digg story