Saturday, October 4, 2008

The New FIRM Wave Arrived!

The Firm Wave came in the mail yesterday. Unfortunately, I have a cold, so I haven't worked out yet. But, my daughter had a great time walking up and down the slope (excuse me, the wave.)

I did preview the videos and try a few moves. When you first get on the rocking side of the Wave, it's a little awkward, but it doesn't take long at all to become acclimated to it. It doesn't feel dangerous after the first rock or two.

The videos contain pretty standard FIRM moves, so you won't be thrown off by a lot of new exercises and the new platform. There are new exercises, but mostly, the videos focus on doing the standards in a new way. The Wave definitely challenges your core muscles. You have to keep your abs tight to balance on the Wave. Some of the new rocking motions challenge the outer thighs even in a short time.

I think I'm going to enjoy this new exercise equipment. It's definitely not a gimmick.

More Info on the Firm's Wave:
I Tried the FIRM Wave
More on the new FIRM Wave
The New FIRM Wave - I Bought It
The FIRM Wave - Is it a Gimmick, or Lots of Fun?