Monday, October 13, 2008

Yummy Granola Recipe - Wheat-Free, Dairy-Free, Corn-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free

There haven't been many things that I've tried on my new allergen-free diet that I've loved so much that I ate them like they were the real thing. But thanks to my friend Julie, I have a delicious recipe for granola that Kalen, Bryan, and I love. It's crunchy, but not jaw-cracking hard. It's sweet and salty and just plain good. I like to use it as breakfast cereal with rice milk. Mmmmm... Or mix in some dry fruit ( I can only do this occasionally because of my sensitivity to mold.) But my favorite way is to mix in a scandalous amount of Enjoy Life dairy-free, soy-free Chocolate Chips. Yum!

Julie's Granola Recipe
5 cups quick oats
6 T brown sugar
6 T maple syrup
1/4 cup oil
3/4 t salt
cinnamon to taste

Combine oats and brown sugar. Combine syrup, oil and salt. Add wet mixture to dry and stir. Spread out on 2 cookie sheets. Cook for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes at 250 F. Stir every 15 minutes to keep an even color.

I also tried this recipe by using molasses instead of maple syrup. It was good, but the maple syrup is much better.