Saturday, November 8, 2008

Work, Family, Romance, Me Time--And Exercise? Is It Possible?

Since my daughter was born, I've been trying to gain balance in my life and exercise. When I was on maternity leave, I did squats and plies while holding her and occasionally worked out with The FIRM or Karen Voight's Sleek Essentials.


For two weeks, I had a free membership to Bally Total Fitness and worked out with my personal trainer sister. But mostly, I've done nothing but try to regain my sanity and a sense of normalcy. Now, I'm trying to exercise again. Three times in three weeks! That's really good for me.

But I've only worked out on the weekends. By the time I get home from work, play with my daughter, eat supper, clean a little, talk to my husband, get my daughter in bed, etc. it's after 8 p.m. And I'm am spent. At 7 p.m. I still have energy. I actually feel like working out. At 8:15 p.m., I'm ready to sit and watch t.v., blog, or go to bed.

How do you fit exercise into your weekdays? I'm thinking about doing yoga 1 or 2 evenings. I always fall asleep on the floor afterward, but that's not so bad...is it?

But please, tell me how you make it work. Holly's Tried It---and I can't figure it out.