Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Worked Out on the T-BOW...and I Liked It!




Swiss TTP sent me a T-BOW to try out. It's a great product. Everything about it says, sturdy, safe. When the dome side is up as a step, it is extremely stable. The outside edges or “feet” are wider than the center, stepping portion, so it doesn't tip, even if you step close to the edge. The top is covered with a sturdy, but soft foam to cushion your feet and give extra grip. I really like that feature.

If you are looking to incorporate an incline into your normal step routine, or if you want an unstable surface to challenge your core, this is the perfect product.

The T-BOW comes with several workouts: cardio, strength-training, stretching, and a back workout. The style of workout is relax with very few pyramiding sequences. It's easy to follow, even when you are half asleep at 5:30 a.m. There's nothing fancy about the video. It appears to be filmed in a workout studio, or maybe the lobby of the studio. That said, the choreography is effective and easy to follow. Just don't expect any 1980's FIRM mansion sets.

The instructor leads the workout in German and English at the same time! I feel like I'm multi-tasking and learning a second language while I exercise. I find myself saying “Fas” and "Bitten miten" for an hour or two later. It makes me smile, but I'm pretty sure it irritates my sleepy husband.